Monday, November 13, 2006

Volunteering

Sitting here in a hotel room in Tampa, FL.

Monday afternoon around 3:15 p.m.

What am I doing here, you ask ?

Well, I'm here volunteering for a Yoga program, conducted
by
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev ( http://www.ishafoundation.org/ ).
I was initiated just two weeks ago, and could not not
come to see him again.

How much sense he makes ! He says things that you ought

to know yourself ( guess that's why it makes sense, because it
lays hidden somewhere beneath and he brings it up to the surface ).

Responsibility. Awareness. Acceptance. Clarity. Live in the moment.

That's all he talks about. And with such authority and compassion.

Sometimes, his wit and wisdom is scathing. But I think it's his ploy
to make us open our eyes and see things as they are.

How can one go wrong under his guidance ?

It was a lot of fun volunteering. I met some wonderful people - volunteers

had come from all over the U.S. :: Atlanta (GA), Detroit (MI),
Sunnyvale (CA), Philly and burbs (NJ), Dallas (TX),
Columbus and Dayton (OH).

There was quite a bit of work on Saturday. I really enjoyed that !

After which, about 11 of us went to a Mexican place for dinner.
That was pretty enjoyable. On Sunday, I was the first one at the
venue ( around 6:30 a.m. ) and there was a bit of work in the morning.
In the afternoon ( right after the Guru Puja ), I pretty much did

nothing much other than rolling and unrolling the carpet and taking
away or putting back chairs.

I still have not "met" with the Sadhguru in this trip.

I am in his presence. And, that is enough ! I've been thinking
hard of something intelligent to say when I will have an
opportunity to meet him and get his blessings this evening ..
but I think I'll just shut up and let the moment take over and do
what naturally happens.

I coined a slogan, which I hope will get on to magnet or sticker :

Don't Do. Just Be.

( The essence, in my limited understanding, of Sadhguru's teaching ).

Heading back to NYC tomorrow morning

( via JetBlue 6:00 A.M. flight from Tampa to NYC )
and home tomorrow night.



1 Comments:

Blogger Ananth said...

Amazing.. Isha is the same everywhere. Today i just finished volunteering for the hyderabad class. It was awesome.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home